Saturday, February 26, 2011

An Effigy Born From Mud and Blood


An effigy is a representation of a person, especially in the form of sculpture or some other three-dimensional form.

I made this effigy from distressed brown paper bag (from Market of Choice). I soaked it in mud and glue then wadded and unwadded it.

The object is also made of masking tape, oak gall, horse chestnuts, rock, sticks and balloon.

The material that looks like twine is brown paper bag twisted tightly.

I made the object as an extra for my 3-D Design class at Lane Community College. The Instructor is Sculptor Andreas (Andy) Salzman.

 One thing he has stressed is that we own an object and deeply discover the materials with which we work. I think I achieved these things with this object--it was an exciting project!






Here is where I started....
 






 









No comments:

Post a Comment