Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Tree Branch Dragon Claw Clay

This object is made from clay and in the photo is not yet fired.
The clay object is the result of a class project (3-D Design with Andreas "Andy" Salzman), where we were to take an organic object and render it in clay.

I chose a little branch from a tree.
I didn't like the clay compared to working with wire and then cardboard, paper, tape, and glue, but as the clay hardened and I got down into the organic object and began really looking, I started liking the process.
I am starting to like sculpture and 3-D design more and more--mostly due to learning from a real sculptor and teacher--and I am a little afraid I might be won over to 3-D art from drawing and painting.

I know this is silly because there is nothing really ever static and unchanging and my fear is from wanting security, stability, and certainty.
Pema Chodron a Tibetan Buddhist teacher says there is no such thing as security and a lot of our suffering comes from trying to seek and establish it.



I need to let go and let the muse take me wherever the muse--and Andy's influence-- will lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment