Sunday, September 4, 2011

Extreme Painting!

Painting in the dark is a challenge!



                                                                       

This is my first plein-air (open-air) night painting. 

 I am wearing an Energizer 4 LED Headlight and used my Guerrilla Painter ThumBox to carry my paints, palette, and canvas boards.

The painting site was my spot along the Willamette River in Eugene Oregon.

I rode my bike along the bike trail to reach the site and passed a 1000 houses from which I could see emanating the blue-glow of TV and computer screens.

It felt good to be outside, on a special mission to capture a scene.

Sometimes I pretend that I live in a time where there are no cameras and the only way I can capture a scene is by creating, by hand, images.

Sometimes I pretend that I was born without the ability to speak words and the only way I can communicate is through images.

I love painting and I love being outside and this is what drives me to go outside in the open-air to paint--
even in the dark!


No comments:

Post a Comment